The Charles Town HBPA sponsors a number of programs that benefit the horsemen, incuding:
- Welfare Benefit Trust Program: Owners and trainers who have had starts in 6 of the previous 12 months at Charles Town are elegible for medical, dental, vision, perscription and chiropractic assistance. Click Here for a list of benefits and guidelines.
- Horsemen's Assistance Fund: This fund provides assistance to backstretch workers experiencing financial hardship. Assistance may include rent or utility assistance, medical bill assistance or funeral assistance. Click Here for guidelines and application.
- Flu Shots: Backstretch personnel are provided shots every fall in collaboration with the County Health Department.
- Spay Today Program: Care for cats that appear in the stable area. This program is through the Briggs Animal Adoption.
- Charles Town Race Track Chaplaincy: The chaplaincy provides a variety of services to horsemen. Click here for more information.
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Every year the CTHBPA sponsors a Thanksgiving dinner for backstretch workers
- Retirement Plan for Backstretch Personnel: Trainers with more than 18 starts at Charles Town (minimum of 75% of all starts must be at Charles Town); as well as backstretch workers making more than $7500 per year are qualified for the retirement plan at no cost. Enrollment takes place in April of each year.
Support the CTHBPA
You can help support the educational and benevolent activities in our community. CTHBPA is a 501(c)6 organization. Contributions are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, however, contributions may be deductible business expenses. You should consult your tax professional for advice before claiming any tax deduction.